March 7, 2012 | By Regaz | Filed in: Uncategorized.
The Setup Disclose Important Details on the Virtual Machine Setup that Will Make your Life Easier on Riding the VMware Fusion Virtual Machine.
Yes because if you Do Not Set Properly the Disk Properties you Will be Soon Faced with Disk Space Issues…
This a Easy-WoW-Tut that Show you Step-by-Step Exactly How to Install and Setup Fedora 16 on the VMware 4 Fusion Virtual Machine.
Nearly the Same Procedure can be Applied at the same time on the VMware Workstation and to VMware Fusion 3.
So Take the Time of Carefuly Following all Steps and Above All the Steps Regarding Pre-Installation Virtual Disk Setup.
The Version of Fedora Used during this Installation is:
But you Can Easily Adapt the Process to Every other ISO Release of Fedora 16.
- Select New From the File Menu to Start Installation
- Browse the Fedora Iso Image
- Select the Appropriated Characteristics
- Click on the Customize Settings Button
- Name it as Fedora 16 on the Virtual Machines Folder
- After you are Faced to the Control Panel
- Check the Ram Setting
Now you Arrive to the Most Important Setup of the Process
- Uncheck “Split into 2 GB files”!
If Not Revised this Setting will Easily Causing an Issue when your Disk will Grow Up Enough…
- This is the Cool Fedora 16 Live Spellbound-Exploring Appearance… :)
- Select System Tools >> Install to Hard Disk to Start Installation
- Choose the Language
- Set Comuter Name localhost.localdomain
- Leave default Storage Type
- Confirm your Choice
- Set the Time
- Set the Password
- Simply Select Use All Space
- Confirm and Write Changes to Disk
- The Installation Starts, it will Take a little while…
- Congratulations You are Ready to Dive Into Fedora! :)
Tags: Fedora, How-to, Install, Linux, Virtual Machine, Virtualization, VMware, VMWare Fusion