Install Latest MongoDB for Xubuntu 12.04 Precise LTS
The Guide Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Quick Start on the Latest MongoDB NoSQL Database Community Edition Release for Linux Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin LTS i386/amd64 Xfce Desktop.
MongoDB is a Document Database with these Features:
- High Performance
- Embedding makes reads and writes fast.
- Indexes can include keys from embedded documents and arrays.
- Optional streaming writes (no acknowledgments).
- High Availability
- Replicated servers with automatic master failover.
- Easy Scalability
- Automatic sharding distributes collection data across machines.
- Eventually-consistent reads can be distributed over replicated servers.
Finally the post’s Content is Expressly Reduced to Give Focus to the Essentials Instructions and Commands.
- Open Terminal Window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
SetUp Apt Repo for Latest MongoDB Installation:MongoDB Apt Repo Setup
- Installing the MongoDB Database for Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install -y mongodb-org
MongoDB Quick Start:MongoDB First Steps