Install Google Drive Sync Client for Linux Mint 17 Qiana
The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Getting-Started with Google Drive Docs Sync Client on Linux Mint 17 Qiana i386/amd64 Mate/Cinnamon/KDE/Xfce Desktop.
- Powerful Search: Recognizing Objects in Images and Text in Scanned Docs!
- View Anything: View Over 31 File Types right in Your Browser.
- Work Offline: You can turn on Google Drive Offline to Create and Edit.
- Chat, Discuss & Mentions: Add a “+” in front of an email address in a comment and Drive will send them an email so they know to follow up.
- Go back in time with Revision History: Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides automatically save and track every change you make, forever.
Grive Tools will assist in the installation and setup of Google Drive on your Linux Mint desktop.
- Grive Tools consists of the following components:
- Grive Setup – The main setup installation program to get started.
- Grive Indicator – Application indicator for Google Drive.
- A GUI installation will guide you through the installation process and setup Google Drive in your home folder.
- You will be able to access your Google Drive files locally* as well as synchronize your files with your Google Drive online. (* excluding Google Docs)
- Auto Sync – Grive Tools keeps your Google Drive synchronized automatically by detecting changes in your local Google Drive folder. New files and folders will be uploaded to your Google Drive automatically after a few seconds.
- Bi-Directional Sync – When you Sync your Google Drive new files online will be downloaded to your local folder and new local files will be uploaded to your Google Drive online.
- The Grive Application Indicator supports both light and dark desktop themes.
- On Screen notifications of Google Drive activity.
- Supported Desktops include Unity, Gnome, KDE, Xfce, Cinnamon and LXDE
- Supported languages : Afrikaans, English, Spanish, Dutch, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Polish, Czech, Arabic and Japanese (more translations soon)
- For users that require more features like choosing which folder to sync with Google Drive, and interval sync of online files, have a look at overGrive.
How-to Add Grive Tools Linux Mint Repository PPA:Grive Tools Mint PPA
Open Terminal Window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Install Grive Tools
sudo su -c "apt-get install grive-tools"
Getting-Started with Google Drive on Mint Linux:Grive Tools Quick-Start
Tags: Getting Started, google, google drive, google drive client linux mint, google drive docs, google drive linux, google drive Linux Mint, google drive sync Linux Mint, Guide, How-to, Linux, Linux Mint, linux mint 17 qiana, Quick Start, Tutorial