How-to Install & Getting-Started with Light Table Editor on Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty LTS Linux 32-64bit Easy GuideSeptember 10th, 2014 by thelinuxevangelist
Light Table Getting-Started for Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty LTS
The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Getting-Started with Light Table (The next generation code editor) on Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr LTS i386/amd64 Linux Desktop.
Light Table Features:
- WATCHES: Next-gen println to keep track of important values in your code. Just add a watch to an expression and the value will be streamed back to LT in real time.
- INLINE EVALUTION: No more printing to the console in order to view your results. Simply evaluate your code and the results will be displayed inline.
- OPEN SOURCE: Developer tools should be open source. Every bit of Light Table’s code is available to the community because none of us are as smart as all of us.
- MALLEABLE: Keymaps, behaviors, and Light Table’s Behavior-Object-Tag engine means you can easily shape your IDE to whatever your work requires.
- PLUGIN MANAGER: The plugin manager hooks into the central list of plugins so you don’t have to go hunting all over the internet to find the ones you want.
- POWERFUL EDITING: Light Table is a lightweight, clean, and sleek interface with all of the power and functionality you need and expect from your editor.
Open a Command Line Terminal Window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Download Light Table Editor for Ubuntu:Get Light Table tar.gz
Get the Light Table Tar Distribuition Archive 32/64bit.
Double-Click on Archive Extract into /tmp
Or from Command Line:
tar xvzf LightTable*.tar.gz -C /tmp/
Relocating Light Table
sudo su -c "chown -R root:root /tmp/LightTable && mv /tmp/LightTable /opt/"
Making a Symlink for Easy Command Line Launching
sudo su -c "ln -s /opt/LightTable/LightTable /usr/local/bin/LightTable"
How-to Getting-Started with Light Table on Ubuntu:Ubuntu Light Table Quick-Start