Getting-Started with Vagrant for Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty
Hello Kubuntu User! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install and Getting-Started with the Latest Vagrant Virtual Machines Management Tool on Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr LTS GNU/Linux.
Vagrant is a Tool that Makes it Easier to Run and Manage Virtual Machines on your computer.
Vagrant main Features:
- Makes a VM with an OS of your choice
- Changes the Settings of a VM (e.g., RAM, number of CPUs, etc.)
- Settles Network Interfaces to access a VM from outside
- Etablishes Shared Folders to exchange with your computer
- Defines the Hostname of a VM
- Provides Software for the VM by shell scripts or configuration management solutions
- Operates specific Tweakings on hosts and guests
- SSH into a VM from you computer
By Default Vagrant Works only with VirtualBox VMs, to get it Working with VMware or other Hypervisor you have to Install a Paid Plugin.
To Get Installed right the Latest Vagrant Release for Kubuntu we Provide Directly to the Download from the Vagrant WebSite.
Download Latest Vagrant for Debian LinuxLatest Vagrant .deb 32/64-bit
Open Dolphin File Manager
Then Navigate to the Downloads Folder.
Double-Click on the Vagrant Package
Confirm the Installation.
- Open a Command Line Terminal Window
Kickoff and Search for “term”
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Fix the Vagrant Help Ruby Gems Issue
sudo vagrant plugin install vagrant-share --plugin-version 1.1.8
Test Vagrant Installation
How to Install Required Oracle VirtualBox on KubuntuOracle VirtualBox Installation
How to Getting-Started with Vagrant VMs ManagementVagrant Getting-Started Guide
Tags: gnu/linux, How-to, install vagrant Kubuntu, Kubuntu, Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr LTS, Kubuntu linux, vagrant, vagrant Kubuntu, vagrant quickstart Kubuntu, virtual machine cli, virtual machine management Kubuntu, virtual machine ssh