Install Kodi Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty
Hello Xubuntu User! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install and Getting-Started with Latest Kodi 18 Leia on Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty LTS 32/64-bit GNU/Linux Desktop.
And Kodi for Xubuntu 14.04 (formerly known as XBMC) is an Award-Winning Free and Open Source (GPL) Software Media Center for Executing Videos, Music, Pictures, Games, and more.
Most Noteworthy about Kodi Nightly Builds: Since only Bug Fixes are going in right now, nightly builds are As Stable (if not more so) As Beta Builds.
Finally, here are the Kodi Features at a Glance:
- Music: Kodi can play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats.
- Movies: Kodi can Execute All the Main Video Formats, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM.
- TV Shows: The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors.
- Photos: Import Pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
- PVR and Live TV: Kodi allows you to Watch and Record Live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
- Add-ons: Take Kodi to a whole new level with the vast selection of community created add-ons that are available though our repositories.
- Skin: Kodi allows you to completely Change the whole GUI.
- UPnP: With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease
- Web Interfaces: Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface.
- Remote Controls: With support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Kodi allows you to control your media your way.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Ctrl+Alt+t on desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Enable the Kodi Xubuntu PPA RepositoryEnabled Kodi Xubuntu PPA
Follow instructions to Setup the Nightly Channel.
Installing Kodi for Linux Xubuntu
sudo apt install kodi
Finally, Launch & Enjoy Kodi!
Or Better make Use of the Desktop Launcher…
Tags: install kodi Xubuntu 14.04, install kodi Xubuntu Trusty, install Xubuntu 14.04 kodi, install Xubuntu Trusty kodi, kodi install Xubuntu 14.04, kodi install Xubuntu Trusty, kodi setup Xubuntu 14.04, kodi setup Xubuntu Trusty, kodi Xubuntu 14.04, kodi Xubuntu 14.04 install, kodi Xubuntu 14.04 installation, kodi Xubuntu 14.04 setup, kodi Xubuntu Trusty, kodi Xubuntu Trusty install, kodi Xubuntu Trusty installation, kodi Xubuntu Trusty setup, Linux, Linux Tutorial, Xubuntu, Xubuntu 14.04 install kodi, Xubuntu 14.04 kodi, Xubuntu 14.04 kodi install, Xubuntu 14.04 kodi setup, Xubuntu gnu/linux, Xubuntu install 14.04 kodi, Xubuntu install Trusty kodi, xubuntu linux, Xubuntu Trusty install kodi, Xubuntu Trusty kodi, Xubuntu Trusty kodi install, Xubuntu Trusty kodi setup, Xubuntu tutorial