Install Kodi Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic
Hello Xubuntu User! The Tutorial shows you Step-by-Step How to Install and Getting-Started with the Latest Kodi 19 Matrix on Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic LTS GNU/Linux Desktop.
And Kodi for Xubuntu 18.04 (formerly known as XBMC) is an Award-Winning Free and Open Source (GPL) Software Media Center for Executing Videos, Music, Pictures, Games, and more.
Most Noteworthy about Kodi Nightly Builds: Since only Bug Fixes are going in right now, nightly builds are As Stable (if not more so) As Beta Builds.
Finally, here are the Kodi Features at a Glance:
- Music: Kodi can play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats.
- Movies: Kodi can Execute All the Main Video Formats, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM.
- TV Shows: The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors.
- Photos: Import Pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
- PVR and Live TV: Kodi allows you to Watch and Record Live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
- Add-ons: Take Kodi to a whole new level with the vast selection of community created add-ons that are available though our repositories.
- Skin: Kodi allows you to completely Change the whole GUI.
- UPnP: With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease
- Web Interfaces: Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface.
- Remote Controls: With support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Kodi allows you to control your media your way.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Ctrl+Alt+t on desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Enable the Kodi Xubuntu PPA RepositoryEnabled Kodi Xubuntu PPA
Follow instructions to Setup the Nightly Channel.
Installing Kodi for Linux Xubuntu.
sudo apt install kodi
If you find an Issue about missing libnfs8 the Find Solution in Linked Guide.
How to Install libnfs8 on Xubuntu 18.04+Installing libnfs8 Guide
Finally, Launch & Enjoy Kodi!
Or Better make Use of the Desktop Launcher…
Tags: install kodi Xubuntu 18.04, install kodi Xubuntu Xenial, install Xubuntu 18.04 kodi, install Xubuntu Xenial kodi, kodi install Xubuntu 18.04, kodi install Xubuntu Xenial, kodi setup Xubuntu 18.04, kodi setup Xubuntu Xenial, kodi Xubuntu 18.04, kodi Xubuntu 18.04 install, kodi Xubuntu 18.04 installation, kodi Xubuntu 18.04 setup, kodi Xubuntu Xenial, kodi Xubuntu Xenial install, kodi Xubuntu Xenial installation, kodi Xubuntu Xenial setup, Linux, Linux Tutorial, Xubuntu, Xubuntu 18.04 install kodi, Xubuntu 18.04 kodi, Xubuntu 18.04 kodi install, Xubuntu 18.04 kodi setup, Xubuntu gnu/linux, Xubuntu install 18.04 kodi, Xubuntu install Xenial kodi, xubuntu linux, Xubuntu tutorial, Xubuntu Xenial install kodi, Xubuntu Xenial kodi, Xubuntu Xenial kodi install, Xubuntu Xenial kodi setup