Install Kodi Ubuntu 17.10 Artful
You are Welcome! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install and Getting-Started with Latest Kodi 18 Leia on Ubuntu 17.10 Artful GNU/Linux Desktop.
And Kodi for Ubuntu 17.10 (formerly known as XBMC) is an Award-Winning Free and Open Source (GPL) Software Media Center for Executing Videos, Music, Pictures, Games, and more.
Most Noteworthy about Kodi Nightly Builds: Since only Bug Fixes are going in right now, nightly builds are As Stable (if not more so) As Beta Builds.
Finally, here are the Kodi Features at a Glance:
- Music: Kodi can play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats.
- Movies: Kodi can Execute All the Main Video Formats, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM.
- TV Shows: The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors.
- Photos: Import Pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
- PVR and Live TV: Kodi allows you to Watch and Record Live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
- Add-ons: Take Kodi to a whole new level with the vast selection of community created add-ons that are available though our repositories.
- Skin: Kodi allows you to completely Change the whole GUI.
- UPnP: With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease
- Web Interfaces: Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface.
- Remote Controls: With support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Kodi allows you to control your media your way.
Open a Terminal Shell emulator window
Ctrl+Alt+t on Desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Enable the Kodi Ubuntu PPA RepositoryEnabled Kodi Ubuntu PPA
Follow instructions to Setup the Nightly Channel.
Installing Kodi for Linux Ubuntu
sudo apt install kodi
If you find an Issue about missing libnfs8 the Find Solution in Linked Guide.
How to Install libnfs8 on Ubuntu 17.10+Installing libnfs8 Guide
Finally, Launch & Enjoy Kodi!
Or Better make Use of the Desktop Launcher…
Tags: install kodi ubuntu 17.10, install kodi ubuntu Artful, install ubuntu 17.10 kodi, install ubuntu Artful kodi, kodi install ubuntu 17.10, kodi install ubuntu Artful, kodi setup ubuntu 17.10, kodi setup ubuntu Artful, kodi ubuntu 17.10, kodi ubuntu 17.10 install, kodi ubuntu 17.10 installation, kodi ubuntu 17.10 setup, kodi ubuntu Artful, kodi ubuntu Artful install, kodi ubuntu Artful installation, kodi ubuntu Artful setup, Linux, Linux Tutorial, Ubuntu, ubuntu 17.10 install kodi, ubuntu 17.10 kodi, ubuntu 17.10 kodi install, ubuntu 17.10 kodi setup, ubuntu Artful install kodi, ubuntu Artful kodi, ubuntu Artful kodi install, ubuntu Artful kodi setup, ubuntu gnu/linux, ubuntu install 17.10 kodi, ubuntu install Artful kodi, ubuntu linux, ubuntu tutorial